Lee Smith Foundation for the Disabled
Our aim is to provide help and rehabilitation to any individual with physical disabilities, independently as well as at all 9 Spinal Hospitals in South Africa. The focus is outcome-based and the promotion of functional independence.
The Association is a non-profit organisation established for the following public benefit objectives:
Our Mission is to offer rehabilitation services to individuals with physical disability in South Africa.
- We shall provide medical rehabilitation by demonstrating exercises to patients.
- To increase self-esteem, confidence and ability for individuals with disabilities
- To support the wider community of people with disabilities with a safe place to visit and seek support such as medical referrals, mobility aid production, information on their rights and entitlements.
- Our services shall be to people of all communities, nationalities, religions and status without discrimination.
- To teach the parents/partners/spouses how to improve their situation and involve them in the process of rehabilitation
- To make communities aware of their responsibilities for the welfare of disabled members
- And any other activity that is incidental to the above objectives
Our aim is to provide a Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) – programme by:
- Admitting people with Polio, Cerebral Palsy, Congenital deformities,Osteomyelitis, Amputations, Clubfoot, Muscular Dystrophy, Post-burn Contractures, Post septic Joints, TB- spine and other disabilities to the Centre forRehabilitation.
- Visiting specialists and hospitals and arranging operations if necessary
- Recommending and providing the right appliances
- Pre -and Post-operative care, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Training parents, partners or spouses in the continuation of care and exercises
- Ensuring re- integration into their families and communities and teaching skills toenable them to be more self-reliant
- Field work, which includes:
– Follow up home visits
– Raising community awareness
– Identifying people with disabilities
– Training and supervision of Volunteer Mediators
(Click here to donate) – Redirect to paypall account